Radically curved to maximize clearance, it is the perfect partner for the most outrageous mixed, ice, and dry tooling routes around.
The Switch is instantly recognizable as a top-end ice axe. An aggressively curved shaft gives optimal clearance for steep terrain. Both the shaft and pick are T rated, which along with the full strength handle and double riveted construction, means the Switch can stand up to the harshest treatment.
The handle is CNC'd from a solid block of aluminum to maximize ergonomics and make the Switch highly stable when hooking through thin terrain. Full strength upper and lower rests allow you to make use of the full range of modern mixed climbing techniques.
- The Switch's handle is machined from a single block of aluminum. This creates a highly ergonomic and strong shape that maximizes stability and gives full strength upper and lower rests.
- Dual handrests allow techniques such as matching, maximizing the performance of these tools when leashless climbing on steep terrain.
- Picks feature removable weights that adjust the balance of the swing. Adding weights helps the pick cleanly strike hard ice while removing them reduces weight for mixed climbing and dry tooling.
- The curved shaft of the axe creates clearance for reaching over bulges on ice and rock, allowing you to climb on steep grounds more easily. It also reduces the angle of the handle when the axe is hooked on a feature, making climbing on steep terrain less tiring and more secure.
- The clip-in points on the base of the axe handle allow the axe to be used as an anchor. Inboard eyelets can be threaded with cord for attaching Freedom Leashes.
- Include DMM Grip Tape, lets you insulate the axe shaft, protecting you from hot aches and allowing more of the axe to be used as a hold.
Weight: 684g (adze), 676g (hammer)
Certification: EN13089:2011 Type 2 (T-Rated)
Made in Wales