Special order. Allow a minimum of 10 days for delivery.
Despite its aggressive appearance, the Apex is comfortable across a wide variety of terrain. The shaft curve has been precisely designed to give clearance and stability on steep grounds while remaining effective when plunging, daggering and moving on easier angled snow slopes.
The Apex is fully T rated, and the head and handle are double riveted onto the lightweight aluminum shaft. This robust construction lets the Apex handle the burly nature of winter climbing
The hot forged handle also strikes a balance between performance and versatility. A straight design with a spike on the base makes plunging the Apex into snow and ice easily when moving on less steep terrain. The upper and lower hand rests allow hand matching, crucial to the Apexâ€™s performance on steeper ground.
Dual handrests allow techniques such as matching, maximizing the performance of these tools when leashless climbing on steep terrain.
- Picks feature removable weights that adjust the balance of the swing. Adding weights helps the pick cleanly strike hard ice, while removing them reduces weight for mixed climbing and dry tooling.
- The curved shaft of the axe creates clearance for reaching over bulges on ice and rock, allowing you to climb on steep grounds more easily. It also reduces the angle of the handle when the axe is hooked on a feature, making climbing on steep terrain less tiring and more secure.
- The clip-in points on the base of the axe handle allow the axe to be used as an anchor. Inboard eyelets can be threaded with cord for attaching Freedom Leashes.
- The spike allows the axe to bite into ice and break through snow, giving you greater stability when walking and plunging.
- DMM Grip Tape lets you insulate the axe shaft, protecting you from hot aches and allowing more of the axe to be used as a hold.
Weight: 673g (adze), 658g (hammer)
Certification: EN13089:2011 Type 2 (T-Rated)
Made in Wales