The Offsets were originally designed by Hugh Banner, the climbing gear maestro who founded HB Climbing Equipment. Hugh was a real character and an extremely talented climber. He made numerous impressive first ascents during his lifetime, including classic test pieces such as The Mangler (E3 6a) on Helsby way back in the 1960s!
Hugh realized that conventional nuts don't seat well in flared cracks, so he made one that did, and this is it. Well, almost. DMM updated the design by dropping the wire into a recess with a full radius to keep it protected and give extra strength. They also reduced the weight with lightening holes on the two larger sizes.
On slightly flared placements nothing fits like an Offset. Get a set as a back up for your Wallnuts and prepare to be converted.
- Offset alloy nuts on wire
- Wire recessed into top of nut and full wire radius for extra strength
- Lightening holes
- Every size has a robust 12kN strength rating
- Colour coded for easy recognition
- Colour compatibility with other DMM and Wild Country nuts