The Blade Runner represents the absolute top of a new era in technical ice crampons. A wealth of innovative features combine to create a crampon that conforms to the ergonomics of modern boots, increases rigidity along the entire length of the crampon without decreasing dexterity or compromising fit, adapts to alpine conditions with a variety of front points and toe bail configurations, and reduces balling with its inverted V-shaped front platform.
The patented heel slide integrates the linking bar with the heel piece for better torsional rigidity. This allows the Blade Runner to offer the best of both worlds by combining the power and stability of vertical frame crampons with the precision and ease of adjustment of horizontal frame designs. The entire heel slide is constructed from proprietary Sandvik Nanoflex® steel: an amazingly strong and tough stainless steel that allows for a reduction in the thickness of the frame from 2.75 mm to 1.8 mm, thereby reducing weight while simultaneously increasing strength and providing the right amount of longitudinal flexibility for a precise fit on modern boots with more extreme rocker.
The redesigned front platform is constructed from traditional Chromoly steel alloy to absorb impact energy and maintain solid rigidity underfoot. The elimination of connection joints leaves little room for play and reduces much of the flex that can make crampons feel insecure seem less secure on technical terrain. The sophisticated geometry of the front points interacts with the secondary points on the mainframe for easy penetration and superior hold even in the most fickle conditions. Switching the front points between dual and mono, centred or offset, is made easy with the hook and notch system. The optional snow points convert the Blade Runner into all-mountain machines with their bevelled design and precise shape and spacing that maximizes purchase in ice and hard snow. Optional semi-automatic toe bails also allow the Blade Runner to be used on boots without rigid toe lugs – a great feature for alpine climbing where the bulky toe lug reduces sensitivity and performance on rock. Delivered standard with both automatic and semi-auto toe bails. New anti-balling plates are more dynamic to help prevent snow build-up underfoot.
Sandvik Nanoflex® is an innovative patented steel alloy that is 70% stronger and 20% harder than normal steel which allows for a significant reduction in the amount of metal used, thereby decreasing weight while maintaining strength.
- The most versatile technical ice crampons on the market
- Patented heel slide design integrates the benefits of vertical and horizontal frame crampon designs
- Interchangeable front points are easy to switch from dual to mono, centred or offset
- Optional snow points optimize the crampons for alpine terrain
- V-shaped Chromoly steel front platform offers high rigidity and reduces balling
- The patented heel slide is constructed from proprietary Sandvik Nanoflex steel for the optimal blend of strength, flex and lightweight
- The asymmetric design follows the contours of modern boots to ensure a more precise fit
- Semi-automatic toe bails allow for use on boots without rigid toe lugs
- Anti-balling plates included
- Available in two sizes for optimal boot fit compatibility
Size 1 – 1015 g, 35.8 oz
Size 2 – 1030 g, 36.3 oz
Size 1: Euro size 37-46
Size 2: Euro size 40-49
Frame Material: Chromoly Steel / Nanoflex Steel
Binding: Automatic / Semi-Automatic
Stuff sack included