The VERTICAL Clamping Device is designed for tensioning or climbing a rope. a lock. A lock switch maintains a small clamp pressure level on the rope for when the user wants to move up the device manually.
- Works on a rope Ø of 11-12 mm
WARNINGS: This device is strictly designed for limited rope-grab. You must backup the Clamp Device with a secondary device or system like the Prusik knot.
- Max Working Load: 4 kN
- Max Rated Load for GOST EN 12841-2014 (type A)*: 100kg
- Max Rated Load for GOST EN 12841-2014 (type B)*: 150kg
- Material: aluminum
- Dimension: 110 x 69 x 30 mm
- Weight: 170g
- Warranty: 1 year
- User guide in Russian language
- Made in Russia
* GOST EN 12841-2014 is from the official Russian standard certification and the requirements are identical to the European Standard EN 12841:2006
Observation from the staff:
- Type A – safety line adjustment device, commonly known as a backup device;
- Type B – working line ascender;
other similar clamps like the Vertical Keplya and the GrandWall uAscend claim to work on rope diameter of 8-12mm, smaller than the 11-12mm claimed here. However, we find that the Vertical Clamp Device has an equal or a better holding capability on 8-12 mm ropes
than the 2 others. It's the lock switch that's doesn't work well on a rope smaller than 11mm. This observation is not a working safety guarantee. Don't forget your backup.