The Raptor is the lightest ergonomic ice tool you can find and EliteClimb is THE FIRST and ONLY producer of certificated climbing axes, made only from composites in the world!!!
The Raptor is aggressive, ergonomic, and ultralight. It's made from hybrid carbon and kevlar composite. It's high strength and low weight, freedom of shape, fatigue endurance, water-resistant, impact resistance, and thermal isolation (no snow or ice on the shaft and warm for the hand).
Raptor is specially designed for ice climbing, mixed routes and drytooling.
- Lenght: 50cm
- Weight 404g with the included mixt pick (range from 387g to 456g depending on pick selection)
- Compatible with Petzl Masselottes (65g) or Trango Raptor Head Weight (65g) for adding weight to the tool's head.
- Weight is concentrated at the head for a perfect swing. The whole tool without pick is only 262g
- Steel spikes under the handle
- Pick's hole for easy racking
- Bottom hole for cord
- The shaft is covered with special abrasive paint for a good grip
- Made according to EN 13089 standard for ice axes (Type 2 / T-rated)
- Handcraft in Poland
Carbon fibres are lightweight, flexible, shock absorption and warm on hands, 70% lighter than steel, 40% lighter than aluminum, high strength to weight ratio, high corrosion resistance, low mass, superior fatigue properties, resistance for low temperatures.
Pick Selection & Pick Weights Compatibility:
- Mixed (142g), EliteClimb Weights and Petzl Masselottes compatible
- Ice (145g), EliteClimb Weights and Petzl Masselottes compatible
- Ice-Hammer (194g), EliteClimb Weights and Petzl Masselottes compatible
- Ice-Adze (193g), EliteClimb Weights and Petzl Masselottes compatible
- Light Ice (125g), Trango Raptor Head Weightcompatible
- Light Ice-Hammer (168g), Trango Raptor Head Weightcompatible
- Light Ice-Adze (168g), Trango Raptor Head Weight compatible