The latest (2022) piece of art coming from Elite Climb is the Morpho made with a composite of Carbon fibres, Vectran and Graphene. This is the ultimate weapon.
Carbon fibres are lightweight, flexible, have shock absorption and are warm on hands, 70% lighter than steel, 40% lighter than aluminum, high strength-to-weight ratio, high corrosion resistance, low mass, superior fatigue properties, and resistance for low temperatures.
Vectran is a high-strength polyacrylate fibre, a high-performance multifilament yarn spun from liquid crystal polymer. The fibre is five times stronger than steel and offers a unique combination of outstanding properties. It is the fibre of choice where others fail to meet performance requirements.
Graphene is a single layer of carbon atoms, tightly bound in a hexagonal honeycomb lattice. Graphene is the thinnest compound known to man at one atom thick, the lightest material known (with 1 square meter weighing around 0.77 milligrams), and the most robust compound discovered between 100-300 times stronger than steel.
The Morpho weighs only 390g and is ideal for ice, mixed and drytooling. Designed by Jedrzej Jabłoński to be top of the class with outstanding efficiency, the most ergonomic shape, long reach with precision and high stiffness of the shaft.
- Well balance for ice climbing and drytooling
- Weight is balanced throughout the shaft, in opposition to the Blue Morpho which is heavier in the head for better ice penetration
- Microspikes under the handle
- The upper part of the shaft is covered with a special abrasive finish
- The handle and lower part of the shaft have a glossy finish for better adhesion with tape
- Long pinky rest on the second handle, in opposition to the Blue Morpho
- Made according to EN 13089 standard for ice axes (Type 2 / T-rated)
- Weight per shaft including pick: 438g
- Pick: PMO6 4.3mm by Krukonogi included with green Morpho:
- Thickness at the tip: 4.3mm
- Optimized for Technical drytooling and competition.
- Made of Armor Steel