Technical axes for ice climbing, mixed climbing, and dry tooling. Very light, with G-bone carbon-composite shaft and full carbon handle, extremely well balanced, the Dark Machine is designed mainly for ice climbing.
Very light at only 490 grams, the geometry offers a higher center of gravity (more towards the head), which allows a much better swing.
The head is compatible with VARIO Blade System, an innovative light and modular system for interchangeable blades and accessories: naked, mini-hammer, hammer and adze on all blade options.
- Include Total Ice Vario Pick
- Recommended blades: Ice Vario, Total Ice Vario, Total Dry Vario.
- With the 96g Total Ice Vario Pick: 490g
- With the 67g Hammer Vario (not included): 562g
- With the 57g Adze Vario (not included): 552g
- Size: 49 cm
- Certification: CE EN 13089, type 2 (T-rated), UIAA 152
- Made in Italy
"I have been using this tool since last winter and I can honestly say, it's the best ice climbing tool I have ever used. It's incredibly light and balanced. Every person that has thrown my set has been amazed and basically said: â€œtake my moneyâ€. The new Vario picks slice into the ice like butter. Get your hands on a set at your local shop or attend one of the many ice festivals this winter to demo. You will not be disappointed." Aaron Mulkey