Every element of ASpeed serves the goal of becoming your most reliable tool of choice during difficult ice, mixed and dry-tooling routes.
The rubberized handle grip negates heat loss from the user's hand.
The carbon shaft of variable cross-sections is much lighter than its aluminum analogs, making the shaft of the ASpeed 373g, the lightest in its class. The use of carbon material has many advantages, and beyond the obvious property of its weight-to-load ratio, we are exploiting its property to absorb mechanical vibration and provide thermal insulation thereby ensuring maximum comfort to the user’s hands.
The shaft is designed with a variable cross-section and tapering wall thickness. This design facilitates the even distribution of load and ensures the tool can withstand extreme forces under dynamic load.
The head is made from ultra-light and super-strength aluminum alloy. Its unique shape in combination with its material properties allows it to withstand forces well beyond the quality requirements of CE/EN/UIAA. Precision production techniques allow the pick to be bolted to the head with a single screw bolt.
- Select the pick for your needs:
- Ice Pick: hard and soft ice, mixed climbing
- Dry Pick: dry tooling, mixed climbing or soft ice
- Sport Pick: include steel cheeks, for competition and dry tooling
- with Ice Pick: 459g
- with Dry/Mixte Pick: 485g
- with Sport Pick: 510g
- Length: 50cm
- Designed with leading Russian ice climbers
- The sturdy carbon-fibre shaft prevents vibrations when striking
- Rubber handle give grip and negates heat loss
- Shaft and pick: Type 2 (T-rated)
- Certified EN-13089 and UIAA-152
- Fits the UIAA Box and can be recommended for official ice-climbing tournaments
- Sold individually
- Made in Russia