Ray Ultralight avalanche shovel is designed for rescue missions, building snow walls around tents, digging snow caves, testing snow surface. It is the first shovel with adjustable aggressiveness of the front edge.
Field of application: ski touring, ski alpinism, freeride, mountaineering, hiking or approach ice climb route on avalanche terrain.
Avalanche shovel is a mandatory piece of equipment in ski mountaineering competitions. All Ray shovel models meet the requirements of ISMF (International Ski Mountaineering Federation) and different competitions (for example, La Patrouille des Glaciers (PDG) in Switzerland).
- Weight: 235g
- Scoop size: 25 x 21 x 4cm, volume of 2,1 liters
- Overall length: 55cm
- Disassembled handle length: 37cm
- Scoop/handle material: carbon-fiber
- Blade material: titanium
Ray Ultralight advantages:
- Compact size
- Ultralight (the lightest in its class)
- Composite hybrid (75% carbon + 25% flax, approx.) micro-sandwich combines mechanical benefits of carbon with added advantages of reduced weight and environmental effect of flax
- The carbon fibre shaft has low thermal conductivity, so it negates heat loss of the userâ€™s hand;
- the scoop has a titanium blade which can be sharpened when required