The latest (2022) piece of art coming from Elite Climb is the Morpho made with a composite of Carbon fibres, Vectran and Graphene. This is the ultimate weapon.
Carbon fibres are lightweight, flexible, have shock absorption and are warm on hands, 70% lighter than steel, and 40% lighter than aluminum, high strength-to-weight ratio, high corrosion resistance, low mass, superior fatigue properties, and resistance for low temperatures.
Vectran is a high-strength polyacrylate fibre, a high-performance multifilament yarn spun from liquid crystal polymer. The fibre is five times stronger than steel and offers a unique combination of outstanding properties. It is the fibre of choice where others fail to meet performance requirements.
Graphene is a single layer of carbon atoms, tightly bound in a hexagonal honeycomb lattice. Graphene is the thinnest compound known to man at one atom thick, the lightest material known (with 1 square meter weighing around 0.77 milligrams), and the most robust compound discovered between 100-300 times stronger than steel.
The Morpho weighs only 390g and is ideal for ice, mixt and drytooling. Designed by Jedrzej Jabłoński to be top of the class with outstanding efficiency, the most ergonomic shape, long reach with precision and high shaft stiffness.
- Optimized for ice climbing
- Weight is concentrated at the head for a perfect swing
- Spikes under the handle
- The shaft is covered with a special abrasive finish for a good grip
- Pinky rest for the first and second handle
- Made according to EN 13089 standard for ice axes (Type 2 / T-rated)
- Weight per shaft including pick: 466g
- Pick: PMO0 Ice Pick by Krukonogi included with the Blue Morpho:
- Thickness at the tip: ~3.0mm
- Made of Armor Steel
- Pick angle optimized for pure ice climbing