Volume 2 - The Northern Escarpment makes extensive use of color photographs and topos of the cliff to show routes from the climbers perspective. This feature is particularly helpful due to the dense nature of routes on these almost climb-anywhere walls.
The guide features:
• An extensively researched history of climbing on the Niagara Escarpment. Each books history is unique and includes just the areas and events covered in that book.
• Numerous interviews, bios, quotes and anecdotes about the areas most influential climbers and route developers.
• A complete and accurate listing of all the routes including the newly developed and previously unpublished area known as The Swamp
• An innovative new layout that greatly simplifies route-finding and navigation at Lion's Head.
• Beautiful photos of climbers on the area classics and as well as archival photos of Ontarios rich climbing history.
• Every route description has been rewritten for clarity, correctness and freshness.
• Many lost and forgotten routes were recovered from the ether thanks to meticulous research.
- Published in 2016
- Authors: Gus Alexandropoulos and Justin Dwyer
- Region: Southern Ontario (Ontario, Canada)
- Edition: First (newest)
- Language: English
- Color: Yes
- Pages: 262
- Dimension: 5.875″ wide by 8.75″ tall
- Weight: 675g
- ISBN: 9780995046610