- extra lightweight design alongside with durable chromoly construction
- modular construction for both mono and dual front points
- adjustable length of front points
- aggressive front teeth provide additional support and extra balance
- back facing teeth for balance on free standing pillars and columns
- down facing teeth for stability on ice bulges
- patented stainless steel Rock&Lock buckle enables fast and easy fastening and releasing the webbing
- tool-free length adjustment
- front points and the frame are made of durable hardened chromoly steel
- bouncer anti-snow plates included
- budget-wise spare parts
- available with the fastening system for rigid mountaineering boots with a welt
- front toe bail is possible to swap for the SEMI-CLASSIC toe bail for boots with a welt only on the heel and the SKI toe bail for ski touring boots
- Weight: 960g with bi-point / 910g with monopoint
- Size: EU 37-47
- Certification: CE EN 893
- Made in Czech Republic
SINGING ROCK introduces the 3rd generation of Lucifer crampons for ice climbing. We asked the developer Martin Horák, their “father”, how these crampons differ from the previous generation.
What is the main difference compared to the Lucifer II crampons?
During the development process we focused on the weak spots of the previous generation of the crampons. The Lucifer III crampons have adjustable length of the front point, three different positions of the toe bail and the narrowed toe, so that they fit perfectly on modern narrow climbing boots.
I noticed that the center bar is now the same as it was with the first generation of the crampons. What was the reason behind this change?
Even though the previously used center bar with the MSA (Micro-Step Adjustment) system is functional, it is too precise for adjusting the size of the crampons. Most users did not appreciate this delicacy and did not trust the design. So we returned to the classic tried and trusted system of adjusting the size of the crampons without tools.
How else is the 3rd generation of crampons different from the previous models?
Apart from the different design and weight, which I have mentioned earlier, we also modified the bouncer anti-snow plates. They are now made from a more flexible material which retains its properties in temperatures deep below zero. Thanks to that the anti-snow plates work better and last longer. The Lucifer III Tech models also allow replacing the front toe bail with the Ski toe bail for skitouring boots or the Semi Classic toe-bail for shoes with a groove or welt only on the heel.
And the last question: Can you tell us where these crampons are manufactured?
The crampons, as well as the ice axes, are produced here in the Czech Republic, in our metalworking factory in Sudkov. 23 years ago, the very same factory started manufacturing the known Raveltik ice axes and crampons. 10 years ago the factory beacame a part of Singing Rock and since then we have been manufacturig our metal products there.