Despite their simple appearance, Wallnuts are highly featured pieces of climbing hardware. Different alloy is used for each size - smaller Wallnuts are made from a harder alloy to prevent shearing, while larger sizes are softer so they can bite into placements. Larger Wallnuts feature hollow construction to reduce weight.
Wallnuts can be placed in two different orientations, allowing a single nut to cover a range of cracks. They are tapered across both their face and sides, helping them sit better in cracks that are rarely parallel sided. Grooved faces reduce weight, help the nut seat better in cracks, improve security in shallow placements, and resist lifting out when a leader moves past them.
Wallnuts are mounted on wires that are stiff enough to allow overhead placements, while flexible enough to reduce the chance of lifting out. They are color-coded to correspond with the rest of our protection range and to give quick and easy selection of the correct size from your harness.
Wallnuts are the basis on which to build a comprehensive climbing rack. Complemented by other, more specialized pieces of protection, they are guaranteed to be the most regularly used piece of protection on your harness.
- Curved taper gives stable placements and resists lifting out
- Allows placement in two orientations for increased versatility
- Grooved faces improve security in irregular rock
- Numbers 1 to 6 are hot forged
- Numbers 7 to 11 are extruded
- Colour coded for easy size identification and match other DMM and Wild Country nuts so it can be mixed
- Weight: 425g