A burly big wall harness that will go anywhere. The super-comfortable Wild Country Syncro is ideal for long days multi-pitch climbing, aid climbing or guiding.
We took the best elements of the old Syncro, our fully featured big capacity multi-pitch harness, and then went back to the drawing board. The result is a completely new construction that offers superior versatility, comfort, support and ventilation with maximum gear carrying capacity for long lines and big wall projects – and all at a reasonable weight. Made with a super comfortable padding, and matched with robust, abrasion-resistant Ripstop covering, the Syncro offers a proven combination of durability, flexibility and weight distribution for hanging belays and long days without uncomfortable pressure points. We also give the reinforced lower tie-in point a wear indicator. It has red threads that only become visible after excessive wear and abrasion, to show when it is time to replace the harness. A further important standout feature is the ventilated Air Mesh zone for increased breathability in the lumbar region.
The two beefy slide block buckles on the 25 mm webbing waist belt and on the 20mm webbing leg loops can be fully opened to make the harness easier to put on when wearing skis or crampons. For each of the four buckles you get elastic strap retainers to prevent loose ends.
The Syncro features a total of six gear loops with two rigid front loops and four softer loops at the back for multiple racking options and uncluttered organisation. The gear loops are also specifically designed for easy gear retrieval and its twin buckles at the waist allow you to keep everything centred, no matter how many layers you’re wearing. And there are two slots for carrying tool or ice screw holders and a decent-sized rear haul loop too.
- Maximum comfort when hanging: well-cushioned, broad waist belt distributes the load over the entire surface area
- Engineered for balanced weight distribution and maximum stability, no matter how big your rack
- Ergonomically-shaped, adjustable leg loops and waist belt remain comfortable while moving
- Dual slide block, aluminium waist buckles allow tie-in point to be centred and equalize gear loops
- Dual slide block, aluminium leg buckles for full adjustment, including over winter layers
- Ventilated Air Mesh zone for increased breathability at the lumbar region
- Integrated wear indicator at lower tie-in point
- 7 gear loops: two rigid front gear loops, and five flexible rear gear loops for organized racking, optimum separation and to prevent bunching
- 2 attachment points for ice screw/tool holders
- Rear haul loop
- Unisex design