A China Climbing Guide
Explore one of the best climbing areas in China with Yangshuo Rock Climbs! Newly and truly a beautiful guidebook that does great justice to this surreal landscape of karst towers.
Yangshuo Rock was researched over a three-year period. It provides travel details, concise route descriptions, safety concerns, and accurate maps.
- 462 pages. Full color.
- More than 2000 full-color photographs and 12 detailed maps with helpful locator photos and hotspots.
- 43 crags with 800 routes organized geographically into 10 areas.
Complete weather and crag data
allowsyou to get the most out of your time in Yangshuo.
- Travel information straight from the locals who live in Yangshuo.
- General information about 5 other regional climbing locations including Getu and LiMing.
- Chinese history and cultural introductions like folklore and ancestry as well as personal stories from many local climbers.
- Over 30 pages of text portraying the short yet vivid history of how rock climbing began and thrived in China, especially Yangshuo.
- Written in both English and Chinese. Yosemite decimal ratings ranging from 5.5 to 5.14d.
Written by Andrew Hedesh and published in 2017.
Andrew Hedesh has lived in the Yangshuo region for over 10 years and can be found with a drill in hand, putting up new routes or fixing old ones. His love for the area is readily conveyed in Yangshuo Rock, with a percentage of the proceeds of book sales going to local climbing organizations.